The ASC Distance Learning Course Template is designed for instructors throughout the College of Arts and Sciences. It includes the ASC distance learning syllabus template, student resources, and duplicable weekly module, as well as a guide for instructors on using the template effectively.
This resource can be applied to existing courses or used when developing new courses to support and strengthen your students’ experience in Carmen. The goal of the template is to aid instructors by describing ways to enhance page readability, module organization, and accessibility that improve student outcomes, as well as providing a ready-made toolkit faculty can use as they create content in Carmen.
These resources were created in partnership with the college’s marketing and communications office and technology services to create a set of resources responsive to the needs of Arts and Sciences faculty by drawing on the expertise in our college.
- Log in to Carmen.
- Enter a Canvas-based course or the Canvas dashboard.
- From the global navigation (the black bar on the left side of the screen), click the Commons icon.
- Once you are logged into Commons, follow this link to find the ASC Distance Learning Course Template.
- If you have trouble with the link, enter the specific name "ASC Distance Learning Course Template" in the search box.
- Select Import/Download
- Select the course you wish to import to from the sidebar menu on the right. You can import to multiple courses at once.
- Click Import into course at the bottom of this list. For more guidance on searching and importing from Commons, see How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas?
- You now have full control to edit and customize the course template to fit your needs.